PDF files are highly essential to most of us in many different ways. For security purposes, many users protect these PDF files with a password. This password is generally termed as User Password. These files can be accessed by only those people who know the password.
Additionally, to prevent others from making any edits or copying or even printing specific PDF file(s), the owner might prevent some functions of the file(s) to be locked via owner password. In cases like this, you might need free methods to unlock protected pdf files. Either you gain the password from the owner, or if forgotten, you need to remember the password. Our present topic is just for that purpose where we will explain the different free methods of opening password-protected PDF files. As, a result of these solutions, you can gain access to the password-protected password PDF files.
Free Methods to Unlock Protected PDF Files
To get rid of the passwords from the protected PDF files, you can use several free methods, which are given here below:
Unlock PDF File from Google Drive
- Open the Google Chrome and then go to https://drive.google.com/drive/ on your web browser. Your Google Drive page opens in case you are logged into the account.
- Note: If you haven’t logged in, click on Go to Drive and fill in the email address and password.
- Now, drag the PDF file into Google Drive. This will add your PDF file to the Google Drive. Alternately, you may click New which is located in the top-right corner of your Google Drive Window. Press File Upload choose your PDF file and then press OK to upload it.
- Double-click on your PDF file which is present in the Google Drive. By doing this, you can open the PDF within Google Chrome. In case your PDF is locked with a password, you will need to fill in the password and then click on Submit to view its contents.
- Once the PDF File has opened, you will have to press Ctrl+P (for Windows). The Print window pops up.
- Now, press Change under the “Destination” which is located on the left-hand side of the Google Chrome. The Menu will appear.
- On the Menu, click to Save as PDF which is located under “Local Options” headline in the menu entitled “Select a Destination.”
- Press on the Save button. Having done that, you can download the PDF file to your PC as an insecured file. Now, you are capable of printing, editing, and copying the content from the PDF file.