Last updated: March 2020
PLEASE READ THE FOLLOWING CAREFULLY BEFORE INSTALLING THE APP AND/OR USING THE SERVICE.
1. Ability to Accept. By installing the Software you affirm that you are over thirteen (13) years of age. If you are between the age of thirteen (13) and eighteen (18) years then, prior to installing the Software, you must first review this Agreement with your parent or guardian to make sure that you and your parent or guardian understand its terms and conditions and agree to them.
2. License. Subject to the terms and conditions of this Agreement, we hereby grant you a personal, revocable, non-exclusive, non- sublicensable, non-assignable, non-transferable license (“License”) to: (i) download and install the Software; (ii) use the Software on a device that you own or control (“Device”); and (ii) access and use the Software on that Device in accordance with this Agreement and any applicable Usage Rules (defined below).
3. License Restrictions. You agree not to, and shall not permit any third party to: (i) sublicense, redistribute, sell, lease, lend or rent the Software; (ii) make the Software available over a network where it could be used by multiple devices owned or operated by different people at the same time; (iii) disassemble, reverse engineer, decompile, decrypt, or attempt to derive the source code of, the Software; (iv) copy (except for back- up purposes), modify, improve, or create derivative works of the Software, or any part thereof; (v) circumvent, disable or otherwise interfere with security-related features of the Software or features that prevent or restrict use or copying of any content or that enforce limitations on use of the Software; (vi) remove, alter or obscure any proprietary notice or identification, including copyright, trademark, patent or other notices, contained in or displayed on or via Software; (vii) use any communications systems provided by the Software to send unauthorized and/or unsolicited commercial communications; (viii) use the logo or trademarks without our prior written consent; and/or (ix) use the Software to violate any applicable laws, rules or regulations, or for any unlawful, harmful, irresponsible, or inappropriate purpose, or in any manner that breaches this Agreement.
4. Usage Rules. If you are downloading the Software from a third party mobile device platform or service provider (“Distributor”), please be aware that the Distributor may have established usage rules which also govern your use of the Software (“Usage Rules”), depending on where the Software has been downloaded from. You acknowledge that, prior to downloading the Software from a Distributor, you have had the opportunity to review and understand, and will comply with, its Usage Rules. The Usage Rules that are applicable to your use of the Software are incorporated into this Agreement by this reference. You represent that you are not prohibited by any applicable Usage Rules and/or applicable law from using the Software; if you are unable to make such a representation you are prohibited from installing the Software.
5.1. The License granted hereunder is currently for free, however, we may in the future charge a fee for certain features and/or uses. You will not be charged for any such uses of the Software unless you first agree to such charges, but please be aware that any failure to pay applicable charges may result in you not having access to some or all of the Software.
5.2. Please be aware that your use of the Software may require and utilize internet connection or data access. To the extent that third party service provider or carrier charges for your internet or data usage are applicable, you agree to be solely responsible for those charges.
6. Information Description. We attempt to be as accurate as possible. However, we cannot and do not warrant that the content available on the Software is accurate, complete, reliable, current, or error-free. We reserve the right to make changes in or to the content, or any part thereof without the requirement of giving you any notice prior to or after making such changes to the content.
7. Third Party Sources and Content.
7.1. The Software enables you to view, access, link to, and use content from Third Party Sources (defined below) that are not owned or controlled by us (“Third Party Content”). The Software may also enable you to communicate and interact with Third Party Sources. “Third Party Source(s)” means: (i) third party websites, applications and services; and (ii) our partners and customers.
7.3. We are not responsible for, and we expressly disclaim all warranties regarding, the accuracy, appropriateness, usefulness, safety, or Intellectual Property Rights (defined below) of, or relating to, any Third Party Content.
7.4. We do not endorse any advertising, promotions, campaigns, products, services or other materials that is included in any Third Party Content or that is communicated to you from a Third Party Source.
7.5. By using the Software you may be exposed to Third Party Content that is inaccurate, offensive, indecent, or objectionable. You always have the choice of deciding whether or not to interact with a Third Party Source or to view and use Third Party Content. Your interaction with a Third Party Source and your use of, and reliance upon, any Third Party Content is at your sole discretion and risk.
8. Third Party Open Source Software. Portions of the Software may include third party open source software that are subject to third party terms and conditions (“Third Party Terms”). A list of any third party open source software and related Third Party Terms,If there is a conflict between any Third Party Terms and the terms of this Agreement, then the Third Party Terms shall prevail but solely in connection with the related third party open source software. Notwithstanding anything in this Agreement to the contrary.
9. Warranty Disclaimers.
9.1. THE SOFTWARE IS PROVIDED ON AN “AS IS” AND “AS AVAILABLE” BASIS WITHOUT WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, REPRESENTATIONS, WARRANTIES AND CONDITIONS OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, TITLE, NON-INFRINGEMENT, AND THOSE ARISING BY STATUTE OR FROM A COURSE OF DEALING OR USAGE OF TRADE.
9.2. WE DO NOT WARRANT THAT THE SOFTWARE WILL OPERATE ERROR-FREE, THAT THE SOFTWARE ARE FREE OF VIRUSES OR OTHER HARMFUL CODE OR THAT WE WILL CORRECT ANY ERRORS IN THE SOFTWARE. YOU AGREE THAT WE WILL NOT BE HELD RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY CONSEQUENCES TO YOU OR ANY THIRD PARTY THAT MAY RESULT FROM TECHNICAL PROBLEMS INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION IN CONNECTION WITH THE INTERNET (SUCH AS SLOW CONNECTIONS, TRAFFIC CONGESTION OR OVERLOAD OF OUR OR OTHER SERVERS) OR ANY TELECOMMUNICATIONS OR INTERNET PROVIDERS.
9.3. IF YOU HAVE A DISPUTE WITH ANY OTHER SOFTWARE USER, YOU AGREE THAT WE ARE NOT LIABLE FOR ANY CLAIMS OR DAMAGES ARISING OUT OF OR CONNECTED WITH SUCH A DISPUTE. WE RESERVE THE RIGHT, BUT HAVE NO OBLIGATION, TO MONITOR ANY SUCH DISPUTE.
9.4. Applicable law may not allow the exclusion of certain warranties, so to that extent such exclusions may not apply.
10. Limitation of Liability.
10.1. Use the Chrome extension “SmartPDF" at your own risk. No guarantee or warranty is given. The author shall not be held liable for any damage or loss of data caused by its use. Usage of "SmartPDF" means that you agree to these terms.
10.2. The Chrome extension "SmartPDF" is have no affiliations with other popular PDF Converters. All copyrights belong to their respective owners.
11. Export Laws. You agree to comply fully with all applicable export laws and regulations to ensure that neither the Software nor any technical data related thereto are exported or re-exported directly or indirectly in violation of, or used for any purposes prohibited by, such laws and regulations.
12. Updates and Upgrades. We may from time to time provide updates or upgrades to the Software (each a “Revision”), but are not under any obligation to do so. Such Revisions will be supplied according to our then-current policies, which may include automatic updating or upgrading without any additional notice to you. You consent to any such automatic updating or upgrading of the Software. All references herein to the Software shall include Revisions. This Agreement shall govern any Revisions that replace or supplement the original Software, unless the Revision is accompanied by a separate license agreement which will govern the Revision.